Sunday, December 21, 2008

At least he speaks more carefully than he shoots...


Cheney: I told Leahy to ‘f*ck’ himself because ‘I thought he merited it.’


This morning on Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace asked Vice President Cheney about his now infamous June 2004 exchange with Sen. Pat Leahy (D-VT), when he told Leahy to “f*ck yourself.” Cheney confirmed that he used the obscenity, saying, “I thought he merited it at the time”:

WALLACE: Did you tell Senator Leahy, “bleep yourself”?

CHENEY: I did.

WALLACE: Any qualms, second thoughts, or embarrassment?

CHENEY: No, I thought he merited it at the time and we’ve since patched over that wound.

Later in the program, Weekly Standard Editor Bill Kristol remarked that he thought Cheney’s comments represented “a beautiful statement, really, of justice.” “Dick Cheney is going out defending justice in the end,” Kristol concluded.

[END OF POST]





1 comment:

  1. I am going to miss the most effective Vice President we have had in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete

 

Visitors to The Rapier:

track web page traffic
Best Buy Coupon HERE